A withdrawal address is where:
- Staking and block rewards are periodically sent to
- The ETH principle is returned upon willingly exiting a validator
There are two address formats for setting the withdrawal address in ETH staking:
- Ethereum wallet address format with a prefix of 0x01.
- BLS address format with a prefix of 0x00.
When Participating in Non-Custodial ETH Staking Through imToken Version 2.12.2 and Above:
During the initial staking, the withdrawal address should be in the Ethereum wallet address format with a prefix of 0x01 (the wallet for the initial staked funds), and there is no need to set an additional withdrawal address.
When Participating in Non-Custodial ETH Staking Through imToken Versions Before 2.12.2:
During the initial staking, the withdrawal address should be in the BLS address format with a prefix of 0x00. However, since the Ethereum Shanghai upgrade supports partial withdrawals and full exits for validators and requires all validators to set the withdrawal address as an Ethereum wallet address with a prefix of 0x01 (i.e., the current Ethereum wallet address), users who participated in ETH staking through imToken versions before 2.12.2 must reset their withdrawal addresses from the 0x00 prefix BLS address to the 0x01 prefix Ethereum wallet address via the validator details page.
Once the withdrawal address is successfully set to the Ethereum wallet address format, the validator’s staking and block rewards will be allocated to this withdrawal address.
Note: A validator can only reset the withdrawal address once, so make sure that the withdrawal address you set is under your sole control.
How to Set a Withdrawal Address
1. Open the ETH staking management page, click on "Validators," and select the corresponding validator.
2. Click "Set up withdrawal address" on the validator management page and choose a wallet address. After setting the withdrawal address successfully, the Ethereum network will automatically and regularly (every few days) send your staking rewards to the address.
Please note: You cannot change your withdrawal address once set! Therefore, ensure it's under your full control.