The Shapella upgrade is set to go live on the Ethereum mainnet at epoch 194048, which is expected on Apr.13, 2023 (SGT).
（Network upgrades improve Ethereum by adjusting its protocol and introducing new rules）
What do imToken users need to do?
imToken will roll out a new version to support Shapella and the withdrawal function, and users do not need to do anything for the upgrade. Stay tuned for updates.
The Shapella upgrade combines Shanghai upgrade on the execution layer and Capella upgrade on the consensus layer and will enable the withdrawal of staked ETH.
(Shapella is the combination of the two terms Shanghai and Capella)
The Shanghai upgrade includes five EIPs: EIP-4895, EIP-3651, EIP-3855, EIP-3860, and EIP-6049：
- EIP-4895: Beacon chain push withdrawals as operations
- EIP-3651: Warm COINBASE
- EIP-3855: PUSH0 instruction
- EIP-3860: Limit and meter initcode
- EIP-6049: Deprecate SELFDESTRUCT
（EIP：Ethereum Improvement Proposal）
Capella upgrade introduces:
- Full and partial withdrawals for validators(key feature of the upgrade）
- BLSTo Execution Change messages, which allow validators using a BLS_WITHDRAWAL_PREFIX to update it to an ETH1_ADDRESS_WITHDRAWAL_PREFIX, a prerequisite for withdrawals
- Independent state and block historical accumulators, replacing the original singular historical roots
How to stake ETH on imToken
imToken supports ETH staking for all users, regardless of their ETH holdings. Find a suitable staking method and earn rewards.
If you hold 32 ETH or more, you can choose the non-custodial staking option. For more details, please refer to the tutorial: How to become an Ethereum validator with imToken ETH staking
If you hold less than 32 ETH, you can click on "Stake" on the imToken homepage to enter the Staking page, and then select your preferred staking option under “Eth2 DApps”.