New chains and new Core in imToken 2.5.0:
- imToken now supports NERVOS, TRON, BCH, and LTC.
- Introducing TokenCoreX - New wallet core implementation in Rust
- Optimized DApp browser
Newly added public chains: NERVOS, TRON, BCH, and LTC
With the official release of imToken 2.5.0, we are very happy to share with you:
imToken is officially supporting NERVOS, TRON, BCH, LTC, becoming a multi-chain asset management platform with support of 8 major public blockchains.
How to create NERVOS, TRON, BCH, LTC wallets?
Go to "My Profile" and click "Manage Your Wallet", select "Add Wallet", select the currency you want to add under the identity wallet, enter the wallet password and click confirm.
How to import NERVOS, TRON, BCH, LTC wallet ?
Similarly, click "Manage Your Wallet", select "Add Wallet" in the bottom right corner, select the wallet you want to import, and use your Mnemonics to import your account.
Integrate your blockchain into imToken with the open source wallet core component in Rust - TokenCoreX
With imToken 2.5.0, TokenCoreX powers the four newly added public chains. In simple terms TokenCore 2.5 greatly improves the reliability, security, and scalability of the native system by optimizing the underlying core code. With the protection of the underlying technology, we have reasons to believe that in the future, imToken the multi-chain and fine-flow will greatly improve.
In the spirit of open technology, TokenCoreX is soon to be completed open sourced for the community it was built for. At the same time, we launch developer-friendly product documentation for public chain developers to be able to easily integrate blockchains into imToken. The fastest way to communicate with imToken technology. Specific enhancements include:
- Built in one unified development language (Rust) to reduce the development cost of two platforms and multiple languages, for a one-time development;
- Making wallet management available not only on mobile devices, but other hardware (imKey, Ledger) and servers and web wallets;
- As Rust is widely used in the blockchain field, it will be easier to access the public chain in the future, meaning imToken will able to em
Portal: TokenCoreX source code
Optimized new DApp Browser
imToken version 2.5.0 supports ETH, EOS, TRON DApps. At the same time, the optimized DApp browser can better meet your personalized needs. Open the "Browse" page and feel the charm of the decentralized world:
- Search: Enter the URL in the search box to access any DApp. "Hot Search" helps you to catch the recently popular;
- My Favorites: One-click favorite your DApp, easy to use without searching;
- Recently used: Display the recently used DApp
For 2.5 imToken will launch a week-long surprise event on January 7: One iPhone 11 will be given out a day, and Apple Family Bucket is waiting for you to take home, come to upgrade and participate.
How to update to the latest imToken 2.0
- Android users: You can download updates on the imToken website: https://token.im
- iOS users: App store is under review, thank you for your patience :)
For 1.0 users, please follow the tutorial below to upgrade 1.0 to 2.0 safely:
If you face any difficulty using imToken or have any comments and suggestions for us, please submit your feedback directly within the app.
Always backup your keys!
- Before upgrading, please make sure that all wallet identities have been backed up properly. Please write down the Mnemonic phrase on a physical paper, never store it in the network;
- Please restrain from sharing your private key, Mnemonic phrase or Keystore to anyone! If you find potential hacking activities in imToken, please report to us via email at email@example.com to prevent more people from being deceived;
Please have a look at our Help Center at https://support.token.im/hc/en-us for more detailed information about imToken.