What Is Optimism?
Optimism is a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum introduced by the Optimism team based on the single-round interactive Optimistic Rollup technology.
Switching to the Optimism Wallet
Open your ETH wallet then click "Ethereum" at the top. Choose "Optimism" in the pop-up to switch to the Optimism Wallet.
Transferring and Receiving Tokens
In the Optimism wallet, you can enter the page for transferring and receiving tokens by clicking the corresponding token icon. Let’s take ETH as an example.
Click "Receive" then you can share your QR code or wallet address on the page to receive tokens from others.
Click "Transfer" then enter the amount and recipient’s address to transfer.
Note: please make sure you have sufficient ETH in your wallet to pay the gas fee before transferring.
Switching Back to ETH Wallet
Click "Optimism" at the top again to choose "Ethereum" in the pop-up.
Experiencing DApps in the Optimism Ecosystem
Open imToken to switch to your Optimism wallet. Swipe the function bar to the left and click "DApp" on the wallet page to experience various DApps in the Optimism Ecosystem.
Depositing and Withdrawing through Bridges
Bridges allow you to deposit and withdraw tokens between Ethereum and Optimism. imToken supports multiple cross-chain bridge solutions, here is an example of Optimism official bridge (i.e. Optimism Gateway).
1. Click "Bridge" on the Optimism wallet page, select "Optimism official bridge".
2. Click "Switch To Ethereum Mainnet" - "Approve".
3. In the "Ethereum Mainnet" box, you should choose the token you want to deposit and enter the amount. After checking all the information, click "Review Deposit" to pay the fee.
1. Click "Bridge" on the Optimism wallet page, and select "Optimism official bridge".
2. Click "Withdraw" at the top of the page and select "Using the official bridge". Set the withdrawal token type and amount in the input box, click "Review Withdraw" to confirm, and then click "Initiate Withdraw" to enter your password to pay the fee.
- Using a third party bridge: you can enjoy a faster withdrawal speed through a third party bridge which will show the estimated required gas fee on the withdrawal page. However, types of token that can be withdrawn through this option are limited.
- Using the official bridge: it takes a week to withdraw through the official bridge (i.e. Optimism Gateway). After one week, you need to switch to the ETH wallet and open Optimism Gateway to claim your tokens.
Both of these two options can help you bridge tokens from your Optimism wallet to ETH wallet.
After successfully withdrawing your tokens, please switch back to your ETH wallet to check the received tokens.
Notice: Please reach out to Optimism Discord if you encounter any problem during depositing, withdrawing, or transferring.
For best security on large amounts of crypto, consider our hardware wallet, imKey. imKey also allows users to use Optimism and supports Layer 2 ecosystem.
Risk Warning: The content of this article does not constitute any form of investment advice or recommendation. imToken does not make any guarantees and promises for the third-party services and products mentioned in this article, nor assume any responsibility. Digital asset investment has risks. You should carefully evaluate these investment risks and consult with relevant professionals to make your own decisions.