imToken has deeply integrated the non-custodial ETH staking solution provided by InfStones. The solution maximizes user ownership and control over staked assets while avoiding worrying about validator node maintenance services.
In the article "The pros and cons of different ETH staking solutions," we have categorized and analyzed the pros and cons of different types of staking services. The non-custodial solution is ideal for users with higher asset security requirements. It allows them to retain ownership and control over their stake while earning stable returns.
If you have 32 or more ETH, you can choose the non-custodial staking solution and own a validator node at the Ethereum consensus layer.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Non-Custodial ETH Staking👇
1. Open your ETH wallet, click “Stake” to access the ETH staking page, then click ">," and click "Stake" again.
2. Enter the number of validators you want to purchase, each requiring 32 ETH. After confirming the number of validators, click "Next" to access the fee confirmation page.
3. Choose a wallet address and confirm the fees. The fees are divided into four parts:
- Staking amount: Each validator requires 32 ETH to be staked.
- Service fee: InfStones charges a service fee of 0.2 ETH/validator/year for maintaining node operations.
- Block reward sharing: Automatically distributed proportionally each time additional block rewards are generated, with 80% allocated to the validator and 20% to the service provider.
- Gas fee: The miner fee required to send the transaction. It varies depending on the real-time Ethereum network situation.
Note: The current service fee is 0.2 ETH/validator/year. Please refer to the service fee shown in your wallet when staking.
4. Carefully read the risk terms. Please note:
You need your ETH wallet’s mnemonic phrase to retrieve assets staked at the consensus layer. Therefore, back up your mnemonic phrase securely. You cannot retrieve the staked ETH principal and accumulated earnings if you lose your mnemonic phrase.
After confirming the terms, check the box and confirm the payment. After a successful transaction, wait for the consensus layer confirmation, which will take 12-18 hours.
5. After confirmation at the consensus layer, you will wait for activation since only 900 validators are activated per day. As of press time, the activation waiting time is about four days.
When the validator reads "Active" status, it means it has been activated and is generating rewards. You can check your accumulated earnings on the ETH staking interface by clicking "Validator" to view the balance, APR (annualized return), and other details.
Beacon Chain browsers:
ETH staking earnings consist of two parts: 1) staking rewards; 2) block rewards.
- Staking rewards: Validators receive this reward for checking new blocks and “attesting” to if they are valid at the Ethereum consensus layer.
- Block rewards: When a validator is chosen to propose the next block, it can obtain the miner fees for all transactions in the corresponding block. In addition, it can also receive additional auction income through the block auction market.
You can learn more about the Rewards Structure of Non-Custodial ETH Staking Services.