There are three ways to get tokens, namely by withdrawing from exchanges, receiving tokens from on-chain transfers, and depositing through cross-chain bridges.
Here is an example showing how to get tokens in an Arbitrum wallet through the above-mentioned ways.
Withdrawing from Exchanges
1. Copy the Arbitrum wallet address in imToken.
2. Enter the withdrawal page in the exchange, select the network (Arbitrum), enter the amount you want to withdraw and paste the copied wallet address. Then click “Submit” to confirm your withdrawal.
- Withdrawing through Arbitrum is available in exchanges including OKX, Binance, and FTX. However, for Binance and FTX, there are only a few types of assets that can be withdrawn through the network.
- Withdrawing through zkSync and Optimism is not available in exchanges for now.
Receiving Tokens from On-Chain Transfers
Click “Receive” and share or copy your wallet address to others.
Depositing Through Cross-Chain Bridges
1. Click “Deposit”, choose your preferred deposit method. Here is an example of depositing through Hop.Exchange.
2. Launch the Hop.Exchange DApp, click “Connect a Wallet” to link your imToken wallet. After that, select the token that you want to deposit and enter the amount. Click “Send” - “Approve” after checking all the information.
Note: “Approve” means enabling the switch from Arbitrum to Ethereum for bridging assets to the Arbitrum wallet from your ETH wallet.
3. Click “Send” to pay fees after you have checked the token selected and the amount again.
Note: please ensure ETH in your ETH wallet is sufficient enough to pay gas fee and the bridging fee before depositing through cross-chain bridges.
Risk Warning: The content of this article does not constitute any form of investment advice or recommendation. imToken does not make any guarantees and promises for the third-party services and products mentioned in this article, nor assume any responsibility. Digital asset investment has risks. You should carefully evaluate these investment risks and consult with relevant professionals to make your own decisions.