If you find out that the imToken App you downloaded is a fake one, please follow the tutorials below to transfer your assets to a safe wallet ASAP!
- If you have only one phone, please refer to this tutorial
- If you have two phones, please refer to this tutorial
If you encounter any problem during the process, you can contact us via email@example.com. We’ll get you the help you need.
The 3 most common mistakes when moving assets
Please note that your assets are still at risk of being stolen if you make a mistake when transferring assets.
- Do not import the compromised addresses from the fake App into real imToken for continued use.
The mnemonic for addresses in the fake App has been leaked. So even if you import them into real imToken, your assets are still at risk of being stolen. To ensure that your funds are 100% safe, please create a new wallet with real imToken and uninstall the fake App after transferring all your funds into the new wallet.
- Do not create a wallet with the fake App you are currently using to then transfer the assets from the old address to the new one.
Since you are still using a fake imToken, the newly generated mnemonic for the wallet will still be leaked. Therefore, your assets in the wallet are still at risk of being stolen.
- Do not download a fake App from a scam website instead of the official website https://token.im.
If you download imToken through a third-party channel, or your friends or search engines such as Google, you are still highly likely to download a fake App.
We strongly recommend you to download imToken through or our official website https://token.im. And remember to check the website security certificate before the download. You can find the tutorial on how to check the certificate in this blog.