What is bandwidth and energy?
1. The bandwidth represents the number of bytes of the transaction size. For example, if the transfer transaction size is 250 bytes, it will consume 250 bandwidth.
2. Energy represents the time spent on smart contract execution. For example, if smart contract execution consumes 100 μs, it consumes 100 energy.
How to get bandwidth and energy?
There are two methods to obtain bandwidth and energy
Method 1: Burn TRX (recommended)
Transfer 50-100 TRX into your TRX wallet and when making transactions, a small amount of TRX will be burned to provide the bandwidth and energy required for the transaction.
Method 2: Freeze TRX
Click ”Energy“ or “Bandwidth” on the asset page to enter the Tron Resource Management page. Select the type of resource you want to obtain, and enter the number of TRXs you want to freeze. It is recommended to freeze at least 3,000 TRX. (You can unfreeze and redeem your frozen TRX after 3 days.)
1. All transactions need to consume bandwidth, such as transfer and smart contract calls
2. Some transactions need to consume energy, such as smart contract calls (TRC-20 transfer and DApp use)
3. The activation account has a free 1500 bandwidth resource every 24 hours and can be used for more than 10 free transfers per day for TRX and TRX-10 tokens.
4. The bandwidth and energy resources consumed will gradually recover within 24 hours.