ETH was the proto-token of the Ethereum Alt tokens, which means it was built before the ERC20 standard existed. The reason you need WETH is to be able to trade ETH for other ERC20 tokens on decentralized platforms.
Articles in this section
- Introducing USDT
- imToken 2.0 Introduction
- What is your Digital Identity in one minute
- What is Identity in imToken 2.0 version?
- What is Multi-chain wallet?
- What is Blockchain
- Blockchain Consensus Mechanism
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is private key, address and wallet of Bitcoin?