The booming of the Ethereum ecosystem is contributed by a large number of new users entering the network with rising demand. Despite that, the network suffers from its poor performance. Also, the blockchain space features no threshold for everyone to compete freely. All these make the high gas fees a great barrier to novice crypto users.
Layer 2 is born to bring down that barrier. The performance of Ethereum can be further boosted with the diverse needs on Layer 1 being transferred to Layer 2 without sacrificing security. In this case, those who once were afraid of high Gas fee can return to the Ethereum ecosystem where they can be network participants voluntarily without discrimination based on their asset amount.
imToken & Layer 2
As one of the earliest Ethereum wallets, imToken has been committed to the Ethereum ecosystem. Serving as a solution for the ecosystem, Layer 2 inherits its developers and user groups. Given that, focusing on Layer 2 is a more logical choice for imToken, for building an ecosystem growing more organically and fulfilling its mission.
Therefore, imToken has been a Layer 2 ecosystem participant back in the early days.
- imToken deeply integrated zkSync to provide users with the first-stop experience of the Layer 2 ecosystem after the launch of zkSync 1.0.
- imToken supports the custom node function, allowing users to switch between Layer 2 networks such as Optimism and Arbitrum with one click.
- We are also actively participating in the Layer 2 ecosystem building, and have invested in some excellent projects such as zkSync, Aztec, StarkWare, etc., as well as providing support for the development of Layer 2 projects.
Apart from that, the user experience of Arbitrum has been optimized by imToken since this year.
The latest v2.11.0 also support the Layer 2 network Arbitrum Nova and the NFT management of Arbitrum wallets.
- In the 2.11.0 version of imToken, you can see all the NFTs you have on the Arbitrum network through the “NFT” portfolio. The basic information and trading history of an NFT will be shown after you click it.
- Holders of NFTs on Arbitrum can upgrade to the 2.11.0 version of imToken to manage their NFTs through Arbitrum wallets.
- imToken 2.11.0 also supports the Layer 2 network Arbitrum Nova. Open imToken and click “Ethereum” at the top. You can switch to your Arbitrum Nova wallet after choosing “Arbitrum Nova” on the “Network switch” page.
imToken Will Do More to Support Layer 2
The Layer 2 ecosystem is growing bigger day by day with more breakthroughs from Layer 2 projects. As a wallet, imToken needs to make greater progress for each user to enjoy a more user-friendly Layer 2 network with a faster speed, on top of meeting their needs.
Wallets are the gateway to a blockchain ecosystem. In this sense, imToken is committed to offering a better crypto wallet experience to its users, embracing new technologies conducive to ecosystem development.
To lower user barriers, imToken will provide greater support for more Layer 2 solutions. This is because from a more practical view, with increasing support for Layer 2 from exchanges, transferring assets from exchanges to wallets will be the first step for users to join the decentralized world.
Meanwhile, with more people flowing into the blockchain world, it is inevitable that more innovative ideas will emerge in a more efficient Layer 2 ecosystem with a greater scale. In the end, the space will expand at a more rapid speed allowing more access to blockchain on top of transparency, freedom, and fairness secured by advanced technologies.
imToken & Devcon
The community and developers are the cornerstones of Ethereum’s growth. Therefore, Ethereum developer conferences under different technical themes have been held annually since 2014:
- Devcon0 was held in Berlin in 2014.
- Devcon1 was held in London in 2015.
- Devcon2 was held in Shanghai in 2016.
- Devcon3 was held in Cancun in 2017.
- Devcon4 was held in Prague in 2018.
- Devcon5 was held in Osaka in 2019.
imToken has been attending Devcons and sharing their progress and ideas with top-level blockchain developers around the world. The team will keep paying attention to and participating in those conferences in the future. We expect to see you in Devcon in mid-October this year.